Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Val Kilmer is Crazy Normal

I just finished reading a profile of Val Kilmer (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Spartan) by Chuck Klosterman in an old issue of Esquire (July 2005). I've always liked him as an actor. And I've always heard that he was a bit...weird. The picture they have of him at the begining of the article didn't do much to disuade me of my preconcieved notion. He looks like a pudgy, Amish farmer calling his bison home. Not your typical Hollywood star.

In the article he comes across as a pretty normal guy. Sure, he lives on a ranch with two bison, is a Christian Scientist, and owns an "inordinate number of reference books," but we all have our own burdens to bear. He hangs out with his children, avoids the media, and continues to impress on the big screen. Can't go wrong there. It's nice to read an article about a celebrity and not have to hear about another arrest, another drug-fueled tantrum, or Paris Hilton.

(And yes, I know I'm a little behind with my Esquire subscription, but I'm working to get caught up to the issue that just arrived Monday - July 2007)

No comments: