Sunday, June 24, 2007

O Coen Brothers, Where Art Thou? - Updated 6/25/07 2:13 PM

I had forgotten how much I enjoy films made by the Coen brothers. It'd been three years since I last saw a new movie, or even watched one of their older movies on DVD. They had a segment, "Tuileries," in the recently released anthology flick, Paris, je t'aime, a wonderful movie whose review will be coming soon. This segment reignited in me a desire to experience some of their delightfully quirky, dark humor. On vacation I watched The Big Lebowski, which only made me want to see The Ladykillers again. Both movies are filled with strong and hilarious language and dialogue, along with the modern day fairy tale-esque elements that give the Coen brothers' films that something special - that style - which makes them pop with uniqueness.

I don't know how much humor will be present in their next movie, No Country for Old Men, an adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's acclaimed novel, due out in November, but I'll be there in line opening day. The duo has a way of making movies irresistible to my attention.

Update: The trailer for No Country for Old Men can be found, here. It looks great.

No comments: