Saturday, June 9, 2007

A Great Time at Adventureland

After my morning bike ride, I went to Adventureland for the first time in probably 15 years. I went with Ryan and Amy, and had more fun than I imagined I would. The funny thing about going back to a place like that - a place you primarly went to while you were young - was that everything seemed smaller. The buildings, the crowds, the rides. It was like being a giant in a tiny, little world. It rocked.

I think we had planned to spend only a part of the the day there, but we lasted 8 and a half hours! The best rides had to be the spinning, swinging, leg-dangling wonder that was the Sidewinder (thanks for the recommendation, Steve), and the pretty tall, pretty quick, Space Shot. Ryan rode most of the rides, but missed out on the Sidewinder (they had closed it temporarily for some reason, maybe vomit removal?). Oh, and there was this Splash Mountain-type ride with an inner tube and a giant slide that was pure bliss.

Oh, oh, oh, and I won a leopard - I gave it to Amy because it looked dumb, and I'm a man - at one of the games by throwing wiffle softballs on top of goblets. It was a fantistic invitation Ryan and Amy extended to me. Thanks guys!

4 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

I agree that the water ride by the Outlaw is fun, but I don't know that I would compare it to Splash Mountain. That would be like comparing McDonald's to a fine steak from the Butcher Shop in Memphis. A grave injustice!!

Escape Pirate said...

The thing is, I just couldn't remember the name of the ride. And it was tall and there was splashing, so I thought, Splash Mountain. I don't even remember where Splash Moutain really is.

Midnight Sprinter said...

Splash Mountain is at Disney. It is their log ride with a really steep drop.

Escape Pirate said...

Ah yes. I've been there before.