Monday, June 4, 2007

The Stacks

I am both blessed and thwarted by my short attention span and my ability to remember fictional things. This means that I can often be found in the process of reading or watching many different things all, more-or-less, at the same time. And miraculously enough, I can remember what's going on.

When this doesn't work - when I'm reading or watching boring, educational stuff - I have the memory of an Etch-a-Sketch. One shake of my head and it's gone.

Thus I introduce: The Stacks, a weekly list of all I'm currently reading, or watching on DVD.

The Stacks - June 4, 2007

Books:
The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials II) by Philip Pullman
The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe
The Dark Tower (Dark Tower book 7) by Stephen King
Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko
On Writing by Stephen King
Rant by Chuck Palahniuk
No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July

DVDs:
The Loop (TV series)
That 70's Show: Season 6 (TV Series)
Kitchen Confidential (TV Series)
Scrubs: Season 3 (TV Series)
Kidnapped (TV Series)
Venture Bros.: Season 1 (TV Series)
Angel: Season 4 (TV Series)

Comics:
Y: The Last Man vol. 8: Kimono Dragons (TPB)
Green Lantern Corps: Recharge (TPB)
Challengers of the Unknown Must Die (TPB)
Animal Man vol. 3: Deus Ex Machina (TPB)
I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League (TPB)
Pearls Before Swine: Sgt. Piggy's Lonely Hearts Club Comic (Treasury)

Look for reviews/thoughts of selected materials from The Stacks...when I finish something. Anything.

No comments: