Saturday, June 30, 2007

No More Work...Until Monday

We finally finished (pretty much) setting all the forms for the garage. It looks real good. We should pass our inspection first thing Monday morning (hopefully) and be able to have the concrete poured in our forms by the end of the day Monday. Once all this concrete work is done, I am told the building of the walls and the rest of the garage should be easier going.

I'll try my hardest to get through some of The Stacks tomorrow. We'll see if that gives me time to put a couple of reviews up on the blog. I also need to get back out on my bike. I know I don't feel like it today, or even tomorrow. Next week. I swear.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

The work you've done so far on the garage looks great. It really doesn't look like much has happened, but a lot of work goes into getting the foundation under control. It'll probably be more fun when you start on the framing. It's awesome that you are actually building something. (it may be the most woodwork you've done since building your pinewood derby Batmobile)

Ryan said...

About the stacks...

I finished book VII of the Dark Tower series this afternoon. I didn't know if I would finish before you or not, since you were into the fourth book when I started, but you NEED to finish the last book. It just gets better and better every page you turn.

Sai Roland commands you to return to the Dark Tower!!! Come-Commala-Commala. Come-Commala-Come.

Escape Pirate said...

I've finished the first section of the book...about 140 pages. I've moved it to the top of my stack of things to read. Only I haven't had much time becaue of all the garage building. It is fun.