Tuesday, June 5, 2007

New (and first) Digital Camera


Over the weekend I purchased my first digital camera. I wasn't sure what I really wanted - I know nothing about cameras - but I thought it would be nice to have one for my upcoming trip to Wisconsin and for RAGBRAI. I went out to Apple's website to see if anyone had posted favorable reviews for any of the cameras they list. I wanted to make sure that I got a good camera and that there were no problems interfacing with my MacBook.

I ended up with a Canon PowerShot SD750. It's a small, little camera.

From the manufacturer:
This camera has features including a 7.1 Megapixel, 1/2.5-inch CCD, DIGIC III Image Processor, 3x optical zoom lens and 3.0-inch LCD monitor with wide viewing angle. It uses Battery Pack NB-4L to shoot up to approx. 210 images (based on the CIPA standard when the LCD monitor is on), and SD memory cards, SDHC memory cards and MultiMediaCards for the recording media. Images are utilized with a direct print compatible printer, computer and TV via USB 2.0 Hi-Speed. The dimensions (excluding protrusions) of the main body are 91.6 x 56.8 x 19.6 mm (3.6 x 2.2 x 0.8 in.) and the weight is approximately 130 g (4.6 oz.).

I haven't done much more than charge the battery and read the Basic User Guide. It looks like it has some cool features that could result in some pretty trippy pictures. I'll keep you informed as I use the little bugger. I may even share a snapshot or two - I do occasionally take a good pic.

2 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

I kind of want to get a new, smaller, more compact - read: better - camera before the honeymoon in October. My trusty digital camera made it to Rome, Paris, Cairo, and many places in between but it's only a 3.5 megapixel with a 4X zoom... and it's kind of bulky.

Escape Pirate said...

This would definitely be a camera to look into. It's not too expensive, but is loaded with features and quality pics.