Friday, June 29, 2007

Concrete Dreams

I slept...poorly last night. Dreams about garage building all night long kept waking me up. Must have been the salmon fish and chips I had for supper late last night.

I'm off back over there today to finish the footing. When they pour the footing it is pretty cool. We ended up using 2x4's to move the concrete around in the trench and to flatten things down. It's a lot like paddling with an oar, except instead of water you are slicing through concrete - a much more difficult medium to move. We'll also work on putting together all the forms for the 2nd stage pour of concrete - the foundation.
---
It's my mom's birthday today. Happy birthday, mom! We're going to breakfast before I head off to work. It makes for an early morning, but she's worth it.

No comments: