Saturday, June 9, 2007

Chichaqua Trail Ride

This morning I got up somewhat early and drove out to the Chichaqua Valley Recreation Trail to ride with Steve, Justin, Ryan, Amy, and Colby. It was a very nice ride on a smooth, paved trail. The trail used to be a railroad track, so there aren't any major hills, another plus. The trail is 20 miles long, but we were looking for a nice, easy ride today. We went out from the start near Bondurant and rode 7.5 miles before turning around, for a total of 15 miles. We averaged 13.5 mph. It was just the type of ride I needed today.

---

I did notice that Scott got out on his bike and put in 50 miles today. Sounds like it was probably a good ride, but it puts him within 60 miles of me in our race for the most miles logged before RAGBRAI. Man, I'm really going to have to put in the miles this coming week.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Thats right I'm coming for you, I'll try to stay within a days ride so I can pounce at the last minute.

Diane the girls and I stayed the weekend in Eau Claire, WI and rode the Chippewa River trail. It was a nice ride, pretty flat lots of tree's for shade and only in the mid 70's. We didn't think Annie'd make it more then 25 miles so her and I turned back after 12-1/2 miles for the hotel. Then after a 1/2 hour getting her setup in the room with some movies I set back out to catch Diane and Cierra on their return leg.

I made it back to the 12-1/2 mile point before I met them so turned around and rode back with them making a total of 50 miles, same as Diane and Cierra. My butt sure does hurt today but I still put in another 27 miles on the trainer. Make sure you bring your bike up to Stacey's I have some real detailed Wisconsin biking maps I'll have to check out what is around Stacey's cottage.

Escape Pirate said...

Oh, I'll be bringing my bike up. I'm not so much trying to beat you anymore, I've got a new goal. I'm shooting to get 1000 miles in before RAGBRAI. That means I need to do about 30 miles a day, five days a week.