Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Media - June 12, 2007

New media arrives in stores on Tuesdays, so once a week - I try to limit myself to once a week - I go shopping for new books, DVDs, and music.

Here's a taste of what has recently been added to my collection.

New Media - June 12, 2007

Books:
Blaze by Richard Bachman [a.k.a. Stephen King]

Magazines:
The New Yorker - June 11 & 18, 2007: Summer Fiction Issue

DVDs:
Deadwood: Season 3 (TV series)
Futurama: Season 3 (TV series)
Futurama: Season 4 (TV series)
X-Files: Season 6 (TV series)

Music:
Riot! by Paramore
Era Vulgaris by Queens of the Stone Age

Look for these materials to join The Stacks in the near future. Some might even sneak by The Stacks and end up mentioned here before you know it.

4 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

Queens of the Stone Age? Ugh. Barf.

Escape Pirate said...

Why must you hate me so? I really liked one of their earlier CD's and was hoping to find at least a couple of songs off this disc to remind me of the better times. I've not listened to the whole disc yet, but so far it isn't too ear-shattering. The Paramore CD is very good, though.

Steve said...

You know that if you ever want to get real movies instead of those TV series just let me know. I'll put you on "The List". I figured you would have picked up Ghost Rider.

Escape Pirate said...

I'll get Ghost Rider when it's on sale cheap sometime in the next couple of months.

I'll keep you and your list in mind if I do need something. Thanks!