Friday, June 22, 2007

New Comics - June 20, 2007


Cover of the Week:
JSA Presents: Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. vol. 1 (TPB)
by Lee Moder

I’ve been waiting years for this collection. I really dig the character of Stargirl, and enjoyed this fun series when it first came out. For some reason I only made it to issue 6 or 7, so this collection will help me on the way to completing the series.

This is a weekly list of the new comics I picked up at my local comic book shop, Mayhem Comics.

Checkmate #15
Countdown #45
The Brave and the Bold #4
Justice League of America #10
Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #53
The Flash #13
Robin #163
Shadowpact #14
Catwoman #68
The Incredible Hulk #107
Boneyard #25

JSA Presents: Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E vol. 1 (TPB)

Watch for thoughts or quick reviews when a comic requires the extra attention.

4 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

Stargirl looks like a Rainbow Brite after some plastic surgery and a bottle of bleach.


Do you download the pictures or just link to them online? I tried the latter but it made this weird box around the book cover and I didn't like it.

Escape Pirate said...

I just download the pictures. I didn't want to link to them and then run the risk of the link breaking.

I don't even remember what Rainbow Brite looks like. It's a pretty funny description of Stargirl, though.

Midnight Sprinter said...

You don't remember Rainbow Brite... how sad, or it's sad I do. I learned from Wikipedia she received a DC Comic series after her movie in 1985.

Escape Pirate said...

Ah, Wiki...what did we ever do before you?