Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Media - June 26, 2007

New media arrives in stores on Tuesdays, so once a week – I try to limit myself to once a week – I go shopping for new books, DVDs, and music.

Here’s a taste of what has been added to my collection in the past week.

Books:
The Case of the Missing Books by Ian Sansom
Interworld by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
Maximum Ride: School’s Out – Forever by James Patterson
Subterranean by James Rollins
Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman
After Dark by Haruki Murakami
Voodoo Heart by Scott Snyder
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

Comics:
The Waiting Place vol. 2 (TPB) by Sean McKeever and Mike Norton
Beyond! (HC) by Dwayne McDuffie and Scott Kolins
The Other Side (GN) by Jason Aaron and Cameron Stewart
Blood: A Tale (GN) by J.M. DeMatteis and Kent Williams

DVDs:
Black Snake Moan
Die Hard Collection
Mission Impossible III
The Black Dahlia
The Ladykillers

Music:
Easy Tiger by Ryan Adams
My December by Kelly Clarkson
Truth in Sincerity by Amber Pacific
Icky Thump by The White Stripes

Look for these materials to join The Stacks in the near future. Some might even sneak by The Stacks and end up mentioned here before you know it.

4 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

I haven't seen Black Snake Moan, but my friend Aaron said last night it reminded him of Memphis... I think it was the music.

The White Stripes? Ugh. More for you I guess...

Have you listened much to Amos Lee? I haven't picked up his second album but I really like the first one. I'm looking forward to the new Fuel CD to hit in August, even if they do have a new lead singer. What I have heard of the new songs I still like it.

Escape Pirate said...

Black Snake Moan is a fantastic movie. It's a little "out there," but very good. It does have a Memphis, deep South feel, mainly due to the music. There's a scene with Sammy playing a guitar duing a thunderstorm which is just a-maze-ing!

I've never heard of Amos Lee? What type of music is it?

There are CD's I'm looking forwrd to...Yellowcard, 12 Stones...but I'm really having a hard time remembering what other ones I had on my radar. Oh well.

Midnight Sprinter said...

Almost any CD is on your radar that is why it's hard to remember them all.

Amos Lee... hmm... Rhapsody calls him Folk Pop, I would says Bluesy Folk. I want to get a Lebanese singer named Nancy Ajram. She isn't on Rhapsody... bastards. I heard her last night at the Red Poppy in Iowa City (a hookah and tea bar). I also really like the Balkan Beat Box, but I have yet to pick up their sophomore album.

Escape Pirate said...

You've got some eclectic taste. Still, that's not a bad thing. It's great. It lets me know of bands and singers I'd never come across.