Friday, June 22, 2007

The (Vacation) Stacks - June 18, 2007

The (Vacation) Stacks, a list of all I’ve taken to read, or watch on DVD this vacation.

I was having so much fun that I hardly looked at a thing I brought with me. I put some comments in brackets to show what I did get through.

The (Vacation) Stacks – June 18, 2007

Books:
The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials II) by Philip Pullman
[finished this, but I only had 60 pages to get through]
The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe
Stranger Than Fiction by Chuck Palahniuk
[read the intro and 14 pages…stellar writing so far]
The Know-It-All by A.J. Jacobs
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman

Magazine:
The New Yorker June 11 & 18, 2007: Summer Fiction Issue

DVDs:
The 4400: Season 1 (TV series)
Showtime Sampler: Weeds, Dexter, The Tudors (TV series)
That 70’s Show: Season 4 (TV series)
The Venture Bros.: Season 1 (TV series)
V for Vendetta
Confidence
Last Man Standing
The Big Lebowski
[watched this with Steve…had to do so in the basement with the door closed because of the younger kids and the movie’s language…I forgot how much swearing was in the movie!]
The Devil’s Backbone
The Proposition
Pan’s Labyrinth

Comics:
The Plain Janes (GN)

Look for reviews/thoughts of The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials II) once I catch up on the blog.

The (Regular) Stacks return next Monday.

No comments: